The Sweet “P” Cosmo Cocktail
A Cosmo with a kick! This is a refreshing and powerful upgrade to a classic Cosmopolitan. Sweet Prairie Haskap juice will add brilliant pink visuals and a tangy refreshing flavor to your Cosmo. Slide this baby across the bar and you’ll be sure to delight. It was at its height in the 1990’s thanks to Sex and the City, but the Cosmo is a legit sour that is worth mixing again with this delicious upgrade.
You Will Need: Citron vodka, Sweet Prairie Haskap juice, Cointreau and lime.
- 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) vodka or citron vodka
- 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) 100% Sweet Prairie Haskap
- 1/2 ounce (1 tablespoon) Cointreau
- 1/2 ounce (1 tablespoon) lemon juice
- 1 lime wedge
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup (or simple syrup)
- For the garnish: lime wheel (optional)
- Place the vodka, Sweet Prairie Haskap juice, Cointreau, lemon juice and syrup in a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake 15 seconds until cold. Strain the liquid into a martini glass.
- Squeeze with the lime wedge and serve, garnished with a lime wheel for impact.
- If you have it, use citron vodka for the most authentic Cosmo – in this case you can omit the lemon juice. Experts suggest it is just as tasty to use standard vodka with lemon juice, so you don’t have to buy another type of vodka.
- You’ll need at least 2 limes: one for wedges and one for wheels.